Writer/producer Lloyd Deane is in Inisfil, Ontario on July 30 for the Wreck-Beach Film Festival (http://www.domecountry.com/pages/selections2010.html) to screen his short science fiction film M-THEORY.
The Conference on Canadian Content in Speculative Arts and Literature or CAN-CON for short, is Ottawa's Premier celebration of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Started in 1992, CAN-CON has had as past guests most of the top authors in this field. Our guest of honor this year is Ottawa's own Marie Bilodeau. Open to the public, tickets are available through the website at http://can-con.org/, or at the door. Costumes are welcomed (though they aren't necessary).
This year's theme is Steampunk: Victorian Stylings with Punk attitude and a side of pipes & gears.
Guest of Honor:
- Marie Bilodeau
- Jean-Louis Trudel
- Karen Dales
- Matthew Johnson
- Eric Choi
- Hayden Trenholm
- R.A. Scully
Discussion Panels, Writers' Workshops, Costuming and gadgetry workshops, Steampunk Social and Dance, Book launches by some of our guests, Readings by Authors and Guests
The Travelodge Hotel and Conference Centre (former "Talisman")
1376 Carling Ave., Ottawa, Ontario
Friday 5pm to 1 am
Saturday 10am to 1am
Sunday 10am to 5pm
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
With Comic-Con 2010 over, time to recover and enjoy the cool stuff I got at San Diego. Most of these things I bought and are gifts and others are cool freebies.
Oversized and collectable bags:
Oversized and collectable bags:
- Showtime's Dexter
- Wonder Woman #600
- deciBell #1
- Red Faction #0
- Buzzboy: Sidekicks Rule #1-3
- Buzzboy: The Buzz & The Boy #0
- Archie Freshman Year Book One (signed by Batton Lash)
- The Building by Will Eisner
- Dark Shadows Barnabus Collins
- Dark Shadows Angelique
- WWE Shawn Michaels
- Hello Kitty
- Koala plush (from the San Diego zoo)
- Mark Shultz Blue Book (750 of 1000)
- World War Tucci by Billy Tucci
- Robert E. Howard & Two-Gun Bob by Jim & Ruth Keegan
- Rand Holmes: The Artist Himself
- Comic Artist's Photo Reference: Women & Girls
- True Blood CD signed by composer Nathan Barr
- Star Trek Captain Gold Shirt
- The Walking Dead shirt
- Wolff & Byrd: Supernatural Law shirt
- Legendary Pictures shirt
- Bob's Burger shirt
- Comic-Con International Souvenir Book
- Bachelor Pad
- Incorrigible Catalog
- Entertainment Earth
- Age DVD
- Perspective: The Journal of the Art Director's Guild
- The Costume Designer (Fall 2008, Summer & Fall2009, Winter 2010)
- A Contract With God
- Get Flipped! 3D magnet photo souvenir
- Clash of the Titans paper fan
- Clash of the Titans paper Medusa crown
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Janet Hetherington (Eternal Romance, Elvira) will be displaying original art in the Comic-Con International San Diego Art Show (July 22-25, 2010).
Art will feature Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Wonder Woman, Legionnaire Idol and Golden Age (shown here).
If you're going to San Diego, be sure to check out these original works in pen & ink, marker and pencil crayon.
Janet and Ronn Sutton (Honey West, The Phantom: Generations, Elvira, Fear Agent) will also be appearing in Artists' Alley at FanExpo in Toronto and Montreal Comic Con.